tR

 Wendy and Diane are shopping together in London. They're in a department store. Complete the conversation. Use phrases with one or ones to replace the phrases in brackets.

 

Wendy I need a new umbrella. I really must buy (an umbrella) soon.

      Diane I saw (some nice umbrellas) in Bymore's when I was here last month.

Wendy I don’t know the stores here very well. (Which store) is Bymore’s?

      Diane It’s (the new store), (the store) opposite Harridge's.

Wendy Oh, yes, I know. Actually, Diane, I think your umbrella is (a very nice umbrella). Where did you get it?

      Diane Oh, I've had (this umbrella) for a long time. I don't think you’ll find (an umbrella) like this now. Wendy They must have umbrellas in this store. I wonder which floor they’re on.

      Diane I think it’s (this floor). Oh, yes, here they are.

Wendy I don’t like (these brown umbrellas).

      Diane (This umbrella) here is nice.

Wendy Well, I prefer (that umbrella) next to it, (the red umbrella). But it’s rather big. I like (the umbrellas) that fold up very small.

      Diane There’s (an umbrella) here like that.

Wendy    Yes, but I don’t want (an umbrella)           that colour.

      Diane (Which umbrella) do you like best?

Wendy    I don’t really like any of them.

      Diane I think (the umbrellas) in Bymore's were better. Shall we go there?

Wendy Yes, OK. Which way is the escalator?

      Diane I think there’s (an escalator) over there.

Activity A

Can you guess what one/ones refers to in these phrases? For example, if someone says A long one or a short one? They could be talking about a coat or a dress.

   A single one or a double one?

   Brown ones or white ones?

   The red ones or the green ones?

   An electric one or a manual one?

Activity B

Say which of these cars you would most like to have. Discuss your choice with the other members of the class.

0 Comments:

Đăng nhận xét

 
Top